4Ocean Bracelet - Sea Star
We are proud to partner with 4Ocean to help remove trash from our marine environment! The Sea Star Bracelet represents your commitment to the clean ocean movement and marine research. Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. Wear it as a reminder to curb your plastic habit, live more sustainably, and encourage others to take action to protect what they love.
- Limited Edition - Sea Star (Lime, Yellow and Orange Twist)
- Made from recycled materials
- Cord made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear glass beads made from 100% post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- Stainless steel 4ocean charm
- Hand assembled in Bali
- Unisex, waterproof design
- Adjustable from 2” to 5” in diameter
Eating Plastic Since 1976
We tend to think of sea stars as the ocean’s decorations because they’re so delicate and calming to watch, but these gorgeous creatures are one of the more bizarre residents of the marine environment. Sea stars are voracious predators that lack both brains and blood. They can “see” with their arms, regenerate body parts, and digest prey outside of their bodies. And now, they’re helping us understand the history of ocean plastic pollution.
Mass production of plastics only began in the 1940s and 50s. So when researchers examined sea stars collected between 1976 and 2015, they expected to find less plastic in older specimens. However, they were surprised to find similar amounts of microplastic in all of them, which indicates that ocean plastic pollution became a problem much earlier than previously thought.
For us, it means that our efforts to clean the ocean and coastlines are not just necessary, but mission critical.
The 4Ocean Story
4OCEAN’S CORE MISSION
- OCEAN SUSTAINABILITY
- Healthy oceans are critical for life on this planet. They provide the food we eat, the oxygen we breathe and their continued health depends on us.
- RECYCLING AWARENESS
- Recycling is still an after-thought in many places around the world. So, part of 4Ocean’s mission is to spread this awareness globally.
- CREATING GLOBAL ECONOMIES
- By giving ocean trash a value, 4Ocean is changing the way people think about the problem and creating new economies in the process.
- EARTH PRESERVATION
- We only have this one planet to live on. Preserving its beauty, function and form for the next generations is the ultimate end goal.