Hawaiian Tea Towels - Waikīkī
We are excited to offer a line that we are proud to give as gifts or place in our homes, and you will be too!
All of the Cultivate Hawai'i Tea Towels are made with high quality flour sack cotton, using a bleach-free method to reduce chemical usage and leave the natural creamy color of the cotton intact.
- Super absorbent
- Printed with eco-friendly, water-based inks – BPA free
- Higher quality than traditional “plastisol” screen printing, which dries on top of the fabric and begins to crack and fade with normal wear and tear
- In the case of water-based, the fabric itself is dyed, meaning the colors stay vibrant wash after wash and the towel stays soft to the touch
- Each towel comes folded and banded, including a story relating to the art
- Shown in Waikīkī
- “Nestled below the slopes of Lē’ahi (Diamond Head) lies Waikīkī, the crown jewel of the Kona district of O’ahu. Perfect waves and pristine beauty made the area a favorite dwelling place for Oahu's ali’i - kings and chiefs - who held the sport of surfing in the highest regard. Translating to “spouting water”, Waikīkī's abundant springs, and rich natural resources created the most fertile conditions for kalo cultivation on the island of O’ahu. Secret lagoons, fantastic fishing, perfect beaches and safe harbors insured abundance and a comfortable life for all who lived there.”
- Also available in:
- Full size: (w) 18” x (h) 31”
- Folded size: (w) 4.5” x (h) 9”
- Designed and made in Hawai’i
- Perfect for polishing, cleaning or even straining stocks and sauces or keeping salads fresh!
- Makes a great gift!
Photographer: Ryan Brewer
About Cultivate Hawai’i-
Started by two friends on Kaua`i with the shared passion of nature and design, Cultivate Hawai’i incorporates the beauty and culture of the islands into every detail of their tea towels. Their love for bold colors and simple lines has driven their artistic inspiration, and their love for the people and the planet has driven the material selection and production process.
All of the Cultivate Hawai’i art is inspired by the islands, created by Cultivate’s very own Merlin Edmonds. Born and raised on Kaua`i, he is further inspired through his conservation and botany work at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens in Haena. His art brings the natural beauty and ethereal warmth of the island to life, and is a unique style.