Hawaiian Tea Towels - Kalo
We are excited to offer a line that we are proud to give as gifts or place in our homes, and you will be too!
All of the Cultivate Hawai'i Tea Towels are made with high-quality flour sack cotton, using a bleach-free method to reduce chemical usage and leave the natural creamy color of the cotton intact.
- Super absorbent
- Printed with eco-friendly, water-based inks – BPA free
- Higher quality than traditional “plastisol” screen printing, which dries on top of the fabric and begins to crack and fade with normal wear and tear
- In the case of water-based, the fabric itself is dyed, meaning the colors stay vibrant wash after wash and the towel stays soft to the touch
- Each towel comes folded and banded, including a story relating to the art
- Shown in Kalo
- "Kahawai "the place of the freshwater" refers to the lush river valleys of the islands, such as Hanalei on Kauai, used by Hawaiians to grow Kalo or Taro. Cultivated in constant flowing water, Kalo was the staff of life for ancient peoples which explains why the Hawaiian word for wealth and prosperity is wai wai, or water. Indeed one does not exist without the other."
- Full size: (w) 18” x (h) 31”
- Folded size: (w) 4.5” x (h) 9”
- Designed and made in Hawai’i
- Perfect for polishing, cleaning, or even straining stocks and sauces, or keeping salads fresh
- Makes a great gift
About Cultivate Hawai’i
Started by two friends on Kaua`i with the shared passion of nature and design, Cultivate Hawai’i incorporates the beauty and culture of the islands into every detail of their tea towels. Their love for bold colors and simple lines has driven their artistic inspiration and their love for the people and the planet has driven the material selection and production process.
All of the Cultivate Hawai’i art is inspired by the islands, created by Cultivate’s very own Merlin Edmonds. Born and raised on Kaua`i, he is further inspired through his conservation and botany work at the National Tropical Botanical Gardens in Haena. His art brings the natural beauty and ethereal warmth of the island to life and is a unique style.