4Ocean Braided Bracelet - Whale
We are proud to partner with 4Ocean to help remove trash from our marine environment! Even after decades of protection, 6 out of the 13 great whale species are classified as endangered or vulnerable due to threats like plastic pollution, bycatch, and captivity. When you purchase the Whale Braided Bracelet, you’ll pull a pound of trash from the ocean, rivers, and coastlines while raising awareness about the actions we can take to protect these magnificent creatures.
- Every bracelet purchased funds the removal of one pound of trash from the ocean, rivers and coastlines
- Cord manufactured from 100% certified post-consumer recycled plastic bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean plastic
- Clear bead manufactured from 95% certified post-consumer recycled glass bottles, including less than 5% reclaimed ocean glass
- 4ocean charm manufactured from 95% recycled stainless steel
- Hand assembled by artisans in Bali
- Double cobra braid with beaded toggle closure
- Unisex and waterproof
- Component manufacturing process and recycled content are audited and verified by GreenCircle
- Wrist measurements:
- Small: 5.75” – 6.75” (14.61 – 17.15 cm)
- Medium: 6.75” – 7.75” (17.15 – 19.69 cm)
The 4Ocean Story
The story begins when Alex and Andrew take a surf trip…
…to Bali Indonesia that would inevitably change their lives and the fate of the ocean. Devastated by the amount of plastic in the ocean, they set out to find out why no one was doing anything about it. One afternoon they came across an old fishing village where fishermen were literally pushing their boat through piles of plastic that had washed up on shore. The 2 surfers explained to the fishermen that someone has to do something about this if they want to continue fishing or there would be no fish left. They even continued to explain that their fishing nets are the perfect tool to gather the plastic from the ocean. “But we don’t get paid to collect plastic” they said, “we get paid to catch fish”… This line stuck with the 2 surfers and they knew it was time to hit the drawing board. After realizing that the demand for seafood was driving the fishermen to focus on fish instead of plastic, they knew they had to create something that could fund the desired cleanup efforts. This is how the 4Ocean Bracelet was born.
Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of 1 pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than 2 years, 4Ocean has removed pounds of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
4Ocean currently operates out of multiple countries and employs over 150 people worldwide and has been responsible for removing over 250,000 pounds of trash in their first year!
4OCEAN’S CORE MISSION
- OCEAN SUSTAINABILITY
- Healthy oceans are critical for life on this planet. They provide the food we eat, the oxygen we breathe and their continued health depends on us.
- RECYCLING AWARENESS
- Recycling is still an after-thought in many places around the world. So, part of 4Ocean’s mission is to spread this awareness globally.
- CREATING GLOBAL ECONOMIES
- By giving ocean trash a value, 4Ocean is changing the way people think about the problem and creating new economies in the process.
- EARTH PRESERVATION
- We only have this one planet to live on. Preserving its beauty, function and form for the next generations is the ultimate end goal.