4Ocean Bracelet Hawaiian Coral Reef - Hawaii Exclusive!
We are proud to partner with 4 Ocean and to bring you this Hawaii-exclusive, limited-edition bracelet that supports projects to reduce the ecological damage done to Hawaii reefs!
The Hawaiian Islands are a magnet for the world’s plastic waste. Hundreds of metric tons of plastic debris and ghost fishing nets from distant sources wash ashore every year onto the island’s windward beaches and pollute the archipelago’s coral ecosystem, which is home to more than 7,000 marine species, 25% of which can’t be found anywhere else in the world.
With your purchase of this exclusive, limited-edition bracelet, you’ll help fund projects that reduce the ecological damage to Hawaii reefs done by plastic fishing gear.
- Limited addition – Available only in Hawaii
- Unisex design
- Adjustable from 2-5” in diameter
- Cord: Made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic, the bright red bracelet cord represents the urgency with which we need to act to protect the reef and the thousands of unique species that rely on it to survive
- Beads: The clear beads are made from post-consumer recycled glass. Each bead represents the small choices we can make every day to reduce our plastic footprints and live a more ocean-minded lifestyle
- Charms: The limited-edition coral reef charm symbolizes the donation you’ve made to our partner of the month, which will help fund projects that reduce the ecological damage caused by ghost nets on Hawaiian coral reefs. The “4O” charm represents the pound of trash you’ll pull from the ocean when you purchase this bracelet and symbolizes your commitment to the clean ocean movement
The 4Ocean Story
The story begins when Alex and Andrew take a surf trip…
…to Bali Indonesia that would inevitably change their lives and the fate of the ocean. Devastated by the amount of plastic in the ocean, they set out to find out why no one was doing anything about it. One afternoon they came across an old fishing village where fishermen were literally pushing their boat through piles of plastic that had washed up on shore. The 2 surfers explained to the fishermen that someone has to do something about this if they want to continue fishing or there would be no fish left. They even continued to explain that their fishing nets are the perfect tool to gather the plastic from the ocean. “But we don’t get paid to collect plastic” they said, “we get paid to catch fish”… This line stuck with the 2 surfers and they knew it was time to hit the drawing board. After realizing that the demand for seafood was driving the fishermen to focus on fish instead of plastic, they knew they had to create something that could fund the desired cleanup efforts. This is how the 4Ocean Bracelet was born.
Made from recycled materials, every bracelet purchased funds the removal of 1 pound of trash from the ocean and coastlines. In less than 2 years, 4Ocean has removed pounds of trash from the ocean and coastlines.
4Ocean currently operates out of multiple countries and employs over 150 people worldwide and has been responsible for removing over 250,000 pounds of trash in their first year!
4OCEAN’S CORE MISSION
- OCEAN SUSTAINABILITY
- Healthy oceans are critical for life on this planet. They provide the food we eat, the oxygen we breathe and their continued health depends on us.
- RECYCLING AWARENESS
- Recycling is still an after-thought in many places around the world. So, part of 4Ocean’s mission is to spread this awareness globally.
- CREATING GLOBAL ECONOMIES
- By giving ocean trash a value, 4Ocean is changing the way people think about the problem and creating new economies in the process.
- EARTH PRESERVATION
- We only have this one planet to live on. Preserving its beauty, function and form for the next generations is the ultimate end-goal